A Few Of Our Favourite Things
A while ago I posted a list of simple pleasures on my Facebook page. I wrote some of mine but soon, many, many readers added to it in the comments, with their wonderful pleasures of life, so here is the updated list with everyone’s tiny, beautiful things that make life worth living.
1. Clean sheets
2. Showering during the day in natural light, no lights on
3. A well-steeped cup of tea
4. Coming home to a clean house
5. Christmas morning .
6. Waking up late when it's raining.
7. Being able to pay the bills on time.
8. Having a full fridge
9. Feeling anxiety subside
10. Taking out a ponytail that has been in all day
11. Taking off a bra that has been on all day
12. Having the house to myself
13. Making a baby laugh
14. When my dogs are happy to see me upon my return
15. Seeing your garden grow and flourish
16. Peeling the egg in one go with no little bits of shell
17. Singing in the car with your fellow travellers
18. Getting a package in the mail that you ordered
19. Laughing until you cry with your children
20. Turning on lamps in the evening
21. Swimming in the sea when it's hot outside
22. Wanting to get back to the book you're reading
23. Feeling understood
24. Tiny biscotti that comes with your coffee
25. Christmas lights in other people's windows
26. Giving compliments
27. Spontaneous adventures with your person
28. Being recognised for your work and personal growth
29. Being happy for others when they succeed
30. Watching people open a present you bought them
31. The smell of just-cut grass
32. The smell of rain after a long dry
33. The smell of others people’s dinner when you go for an evening walk
34. Lying in your cosy bed when its a stormy night
35. Clean ironed pure cotton sheets
36. Perfectly ripe avocados for guacamole
37. Feeling the sand between your toes at the beach
38. A coffee at home when all the housework is done
39. Holding the hand of child
40. Putting on your dressing gown or/and slippers or /and PJs
41. Laughing until you cry
42. Cutting fresh herbs from your garden.
43. The smell of a barbecue for a sausage sizzle
44. Picking an instrument to making music which makes your heart and others feel glad
45. Bare foot walking through thick grass in the cool night’s air, after a hot, hot day
46. Smell of the outback after it has rained
47. Having your hair played with
48. Sharing a meal with wonderful friends.
49. Picking up a thread of conversation with someone that you haven’t seen in years
50. Seeing someone who was ill, become well again
Life is filled with as much positivity as you want to believe. Pay attention. Feel it. See it. Trust that it is all going to be okay. Because it will be. I promise.
*Image - Kera Till