Living a creative life
When I say be creative, I don’t mean you should all go and
become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let
your life be a painting, let your life be a poem.
This quote resonated with me when I read it. I have lost count of how many people tell me they want to be more creative, but they often assume it's in the form of modality. So what if you made your life the creative act?
In this vein, I have listed ways to be creative without having to pick up a paintbrush or start to write a book.
- Wear clashing colours
- Put art into your garden
- Have full bookshelves
- Eat breakfast for dinner
- Cook things from scratch
- Have fresh flowers in your house
- Eat from the saucepan
- Take photographs when you walk
- Move your furniture around
- Create a playlist for different moments in your daily life, breakfast, travelling to work, etc.
- Always have a book in your bag
- Write lists of things you want to do
- Plant a garden in pots or in the ground, no rules
- Place flowering plants with your edible plants
- Move the art around in your space
- Say 'yes' more often
- Create a creative corner of books and a rug and candles and a table for your tea
- Have a dinner party where everyone has to bring a course
- Help someone
- Sing whenever possible
- Ask your friends to recommend a book to read, and then read it
- Ask your friends what their favourite song to sing to is and then listen to it
- Travel whenever possible, even to a new cafe, or library or stores. Stretch the boundaries to allow yourself to see more.
Happy Friday. xx